She walks, she talks, she crawls on her belly like a reptile. She's almost human. It's.....THE OPTO-MOM!!!



Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Madness

Link up at: http://thedailydribbles.blogspot.com/

1. Who is your "what-if" person?
Hmmmmmm. I would have to say that it's my husband. He's always been my "what if" guy! I know, that's just sweet as saccharine! Most of the others have been in prison, so I certainly don't want to think "what if" about them. {shivers} They are more like "as if."

2. What is your nickname?
My daddy has always called me SheliaGirl, though I've also been known as Shaquilla.

3. If you could choose how you died, how would you like to die?
Very, very quickly! I'm totally not into the whole long-illness-where-you-suffer-for-years-and-then-die thing. Maybe it would be cool to die on a dance floor while grooving to some awesome tunes...as long as someone removes my body before I get trampled. I wanna look good at my funeral!

4. If you could have named yourself, which name would you have picked?
As a kid I wanted to be named Jamie. I just loved that name, and all of my dolls were named Jamie. However, now that I'm older, I think I would like something with a little more meaning. Perhaps Crescendo would be nice. It seems to have a good ring to it, and it means to get louder and more powerful as you go on. But then I would have to change my nicknames.....

5. Who were you named after or for what reason did your parents choose your name?
Ummmm, I was supposed to be named Stephanie, but my mom, in a birthing stupor, decided that she wanted to name me after her childhood dance teacher. So I am Shelia Kaye. There's no accounting for what women in labor are thinking...don't even try!

4 comments:

  1. I like the name Shelia kaye. There are too many stephanies. I loved your answer to dying on the dance floor. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I guess it worked out fine because I was the only Shelia in our school. Of course, that meant I had to stay out of trouble because if rumors got started, I didn't have the option of saying, "It was the OTHER Shelia, not me!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelia is very unique!! It's funny that your mom went from something so common (Stephanie) to something so unique.

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kmama! Hopefully I did the whole linky thingy correctly. I would hate to be singlehandedly responsible for crashing the blogosphere. Oh, wait! The other Shelia did it!!!

    ReplyDelete