She walks, she talks, she crawls on her belly like a reptile. She's almost human. It's.....THE OPTO-MOM!!!



Friday, May 14, 2010

YOU HAVE GOT THE WRONG NUMBER!

I was propped up in the bed reading last night, when the phone rang. I answered and the gentleman asked for Donna. I told him that I thought he had the wrong number, because there is no one here by that name. End of story, right?

Oh, not even CLOSE! He then asked if I was Donna. "No," I told him politely, "I'm not Donna." Well, this just seemed to confuse the poor man to no end! I hear him whispering to someone on his end about how I say I'm not Donna. I guess he needed advice on how to handle such a dire situation.

Normally, I would have hung up at this point, but I was feeling a little frisky, so I decided to see where this was going to go. I wasn't going to get any sleep any time soon because my daughter, who is all knees and elbows at this point in her life, was in the bed with me. Sleeping with her is like trying to sleep with a set of overactive nunchucks in the bed. There are lots of random thunks and smacks administered to my head and body when she is sleeping with me.

Anyway, the genius on the other end of the phone asks if I can get Donna for him. I (again) reply that there is no one here named Donna. Again with the confusion and the whispering to someone on his end of the line.

Then his lady friend gets on the phone.

Lady friend: Can I talk to Donna?

Me: There is no one here by that name.

Lady friend: You're not Donna?

Me: I don't think so, but I could go check my driver's license to make sure.

Lady friend: No, that's ok. But Donna's really not there?

Me: {suppressing giggles at this point} No. I could take a polygraph, if that's what you require.

Lady friend: Oh. Uhhhhh.....well, can you tell her to call Tisha when she gets back?

Me: Sure, no problem!

So, Donna, if you're reading this, please call Tisha.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm, being that my real name is Donna, I would call her back, but I really don't know a Tisha. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. youve been awarded a bloggers award please go to my blog to accept! congrats 9-;

    ReplyDelete