As I was cooking today, I started thinking about my bloggy friends from around the country. I thought it would be interesting to do a little Thanksgiving quiz.
No, I’m not going to ask what you’re thankful for today. I’ve seen enough of that on facebook lately: my family, my job, my friends, my health, blah blah blah. This is more about your Thanksgiving meal, traditions, and vernacular. I’ll ask the questions and put my answers underneath. You guys can put your answers in the comment section. I look forward to reading them!
1. Do you call them sweet potatoes or yams?
Sweet potatoes, or occasionally sweet taters, if I'm feeling particularly redneck-ish.
2. Do you stuff your turkey or serve your dressing/stuffing separately?
Separately. It’s quite an ordeal, as I make enough for 150 people, even though we only have 5-10 people eating here.
3. Do you call it dressing or stuffing?
4. Anyone have any weird or unusual traditions?
I usually perform an interpretive dance to “U Can’t Touch This,” but my ankle is still bothering me, so I just sang it this year.
5. Do you dress up for the Thanksgiving meal or go casual?
Casual. OMG, I barely have time to put on pants, much less dress up, though we do use our nice china for the meal. I'm usually decked out in my Texas A&M t-shirt or sweatshirt (depending on the weather). Gotta be ready for some football after the meal. Gig 'em Aggies!!!
6. Do you have a traditional turkey dinner or do you have Chinese takeout or PB&J or something?
7. What is your favorite pie and/or dessert.
Banana pudding. Just ask my newly enlarged ass.
8. What is your favorite side dish.
Asparagus. It’s yummy and it makes your pee smell funny…what other side dish can do so much?
9. How do you like your sweet potatoes/yams prepared?
I like the sweet potatoes mashed, mixed with sugar, butter and vanilla, then topped with brown sugar and pecans. (Let me know if you want the recipe…it rocks!)
Now wasn’t that more fun than “What am I thankful for?” Because honestly, I don’t want to hear it; unless, of course, you are thankful for me. In that case, please ELABORATE…ARTICULATE…TITILLATE!
I’ll get you started:
10. I am most thankful for Opto-Mom’s:
c. dancing skillz
11. The Opto-Mom blog post that has made me the most thankful this year is _____.
12. My thankfulness of Opto-Mom can best be described by this one word: ____.
13. Opto-Mom is my favorite blogger of all time:
c. Hellz yeah!
Golly, that thankfulness thing WAS kinda fun! Hope you all participate!
Truly, I am thankful for all of the new readers and friends I’ve met since I started blogging earlier this year. I love you all!